Terms of Service
To use this Website and the services, you must be of legal age to enter into a binding contract and not be prohibited from using the Website or the services by the laws of the jurisdiction from which you access the Website or the services.
Services Available on the Website.
- Via the Website, we provide a service by which consumers can find information about diabetes-related products and service and if they request, be matched with providers of such products and services who are our clients (the "Service"). We seek to provide valuable information that individuals can use to make their own decisions about diabetes.
- Use of the Services. The information contained within this Website is provided by DiabetesMonitor and is intended for consumer and informational use only. You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or otherwise exploit the Services for any commercial purpose. Content may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes only as long as DiabetesMonitor is notified of such usage.
- Content You Submit. By posting or submitting content on or to the Service, including, without limitation, commentary, customer reviews, testimonials, feedback and messages (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you grant DiabetesMonitor and its affiliates, agents and third party contractors a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, display, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content you submit, post or display through the Services. You agree that any content you submit may be republished anywhere on our Website without your prior consent, including, but not limited to, our monthly newsletter and blog. Your content may also be referenced in other publications and marketing materials not affiliated with DiabetesMonitor. You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to grant the above license to DiabetesMonitor. You agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to or infringes or misappropriates third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant DiabetesMonitor all of the rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations; (iii) use the Service for any illegal purpose or submit material that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post personal identity information such as credit card numbers, or (v) post advertisements or solicitations, including income opportunities, unless you have received our prior express written consent. DiabetesMonitor reserves the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice.
- Links DiabetesMonitor and its affiliates provide links to external websites or resources to sign up for products and services provided by third parties, or for your convenience and reference. DiabetesMonitor and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the availability of these external websites or resources or for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such external websites or resources. Your use of and dealings with the owners or operators of these external websites or resources are at your own risk. You cannot make any claim against DiabetesMonitor or its affiliates arising out of your use of external websites or resources.
- Disclaimer of WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. DIABETESMONITOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Diabetes is a serious disease, which has the potential of life-threatening complications. If you are in need of care for your medical condition, we recommend that you promptly contact your own physician, diabetes nurse, or other member of your diabetes team for advice and treatment. Any advice or information that you may receive through the DiabetesMonitor (or any other website) is not a substitute for personal medical care. Although we make every effort to include reliable information, any information or links on the DiabetesMonitor webpages are for your convenience and the inclusion of the information or link on this website does not imply any endorsement, guarantee, warranty or representation by the DiabetesMonitor of the quality or accuracy of the information, products or services described. DiabetesMonitor is not involved in the actual transaction between customers and providers and does not promote or recommend any particular provider. Consequently, DiabetesMonitor cannot guarantee that a transaction will occur or if it does occur that it will satisfy the needs of either user or provider. All fees associated with the Service are paid by our providers.
The Site may also provide content relating to medical and healthcare products and services but does not provide medical advice.
We reserve the right, for any reason, in our sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, including, but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. We may also impose limits on certain features of the Website or restrict your access to part or the entire Website without notice or penalty. There is no charge to you for use of the Website.
You are solely responsible for the products or services you buy through the Service. By providing links to other sites, we do not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to DiabetesMonitor.
You must not: (a) directly or indirectly, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, any account, or any communication or transaction being conducted on our Website; (b) use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content on the Website without our prior expressed written permission; (c) take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, (d) use or disclose (to anyone except DiabetesMonitor) any confidential information you obtain from DiabetesMonitor, (e) conduct fraud, hide or attempt to hide your identity, represent yourself as someone else, use a false email address, compromise or attempt to compromise the security of any account, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service, or (f) send any unsolicited e-mail or advertising to any known user; or (g) allow anyone else to use your email address or access the Website using your email address and you agree to notify DiabetesMonitor immediately of any unauthorized use of your email or any other suspected breach of security as to the Website.
If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that user content infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. 512(c)) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent can be reached at: By mail:
Attn: Copyright Agent
950 Tower Lane, 6th floor
Foster City, CA 94404
By fax: 650-350-1423
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, DIABETESMONITOR WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS DISPLAYED, PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. FURTHERMORE, DIABETESMONITOR DOES NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF ANY OF ITS PARTNERS.
DiabetesMonitor may, in its sole discretion, change, suspend, or terminate, temporarily or permanently, the Service or any part of it at any time, for any reason, without notice to you and without liability to you or any other person.