6 things to remember when shopping online for diabetic supplies
Type the words 'diabetic supplies' into any search engine and you may see hundreds of thousands of results. Dig a little deeper and you may realize that every online store is competing for your business with deals, discounts, and specials. It's almost impossible to keep track of who is selling what, and at what price.
As the online market gets bigger, it is important to stay focused on the diabetic supplies you need and not get sidetracked by the new, cool gadgets on the market. The ease of online shopping for diabetes products enhances the temptation to make impulse buys, and that can put quite the crunch on your pocketbook.
6 tips for shopping online for diabetic supplies
The following tips can help you make informed decisions about your purchases.
- Make a list. Write down exactly which supplies you need, and stick to those items. That can help you avoid the temptation to take advantage of that great deal…and that one…and the next one, too.
- Comparison shop. Take time to comparison shop. You might find the same items at a much better price on another site, or you might stumble across discounts that bring down the total amount of your purchase.
- Look deeper. When you use a search engine to find diabetic supplies online, don't stop with the first page of stores listed. Those sites got to the top thanks to the number of clicks and Internet wizardry, but that does not mean they have the right products for you. Look through the next few pages of returns to find sites that might offer better prices.
- Shop safely. Always use your credit card to make your purchase. Credit cards typically offer protection against fraud and unauthorized charges, and that peace of mind is priceless.
- Secured information. For added protection, look for sites that take your information over a secured server, or go with only companies you trust and have dealt with in the past. If you're unsure of a company, it's better to click your way to somewhere more suitable.
- Confirm shipping fees. Great prices on diabetic supplies can be undermined by terrible shipping fees. Make sure you are informed of the shipping charges before you confirm your order.
Finally, consider where your money really goes. Some sites donate a portion of their proceeds to diabetes awareness or research. If the prices are comparable, you may want to with the one that offers a share of sales to a good cause.